Monday, August 10, 2009

Las Vegas

On July 15, mom and I boarded a plane to the FABULOUS sin city, city of lights, LAS VEGAS!! Every year we go to a bowling tournament hosted by a friend of ours Vicki. She organizes the whole thing and has over 1000 participatants. This year we didn't bowl so swell, but we had a blast.

We stayed at the Rio and had a wonderful room with a gorgeous view. Upon check in we headed over the Gold Coast and gambled with some friends. Mom and I sat a Roulette table until 5AM Vegas time which was 7 AM Oklahoma time. Needless to say we were up for over 24 hours and got about 4 hours of sleep that night.

Then we had VIP tickets to the Voo Doo Lounge ontop of the Rio. So on Thursday night we headed up. ALL of us. Mom, me, Bran Starr, Bret, Blake, Jr., Londa, JP, Harper, and Janna. What an experience everytime I go! This year we had witch doctors. This is like Elk Creek water or trash can punch except the place dry ice in it, so it boils like a witches brew. They are mighty strong and mighty pricey at $26.00 each!

Horrible pic of my friends, but a great pic of the witch doctor!!

Onto bowling, we didn't do great, we didn't even do good. I had 1 game that I bowled a 236, and it won me some $$ in brackets. The only good thing that came out of it, was that Tanner's aunt and cousin came to see me. Kim and Conner. They hung out with me for awhile and we got to chat and have a good girl time. I love them to death, wish we could see them more often!

The last full day we were there, we walked to WHOLE strip. From Treasure Island to the Excaliber and then rode the tram to Mandilay Bay. What a long day and a lot of walking! We ate lunch at The Venetian and had a drinks at TI and Paris. We bought souveniers at Jimmy Buffet's for dad and Tanner. Hopefully they don't wear their shirts on the same day or they will be twinkies! It was a record 115 that day and we were melting. We went in and out of most of the casinos to cool off.

Saturday night I started to itch. I have been getting a rashy hivey thing now for about 2 years. It comes and goes and is extremely itchy. Well, I decided to stay in the room the the last to rest and pack. Well, when I woke up Sunday morning I looked like a cross between a Cabbage Patch Doll and Chucky. My face was so swollen I couldn't even move it. My eyes were almost comlpetly swollen shut! It tingled but it didn't hurt persay. All I wanted to do was get on the plane, fly home and get to the doctor.

Well Londa gave me some Benadryl to help with the itching, but the swelling never went down. By the time I got on the plane, I was so drugged up on Benadryl, I couldn't keep my eyes, err I mean slits open. I slept for a little while on the plane to Dallas. Then when we get there, our flight home was CANCELLED!! I was so upset. All I wanted was to seek medical attention and I was stuck at the biggest airport in the U.S. with no flight home.

Mom and I decided no to do standby, we took the tram to another terminal and then a bus to the rental car terminal. We rented a car from Thrifty and headed to OKC. We finally pulled into World Rogers at 11:00PM. The plane we could've used for standby was late by about 20 minutes and our luggage was on it. So after driving home from Dallas, stopping to eat a burger at Braums, and fighting the DFW traffic, we were back on Okie soil. We picked up our luggage and mom got me home at 12:30PM.

I won't post pic because I was just flat out too scary looking. Look forward to the next blog for and update on what was causing the "itch".

No comments:

Post a Comment